Wedding Expos are a fantastic event to help you plan your wedding. Brides can sample foods and cakes, shop for gowns, and win amazing prizes. It’s also a great opportunity to meet with vendors face-to-face and get a feel for their professionalism and personalities. However, for first timers the experience can be overwhelming, and you may not know what to expect.
Here’s what to know before you go:
* Bring Labels – You’ll be registering lots of grand prizes, and you won’t want to wright your info over and over. Make sure to include your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and wedding date. Know in advance how many vendors will be at the show, and print at least one label for each. Some vendors will let you enter more than once, so you’ll want to have extra!
* Bring Credit Cards, Checkbooks, etc. – Lots of couples find items and vendors they need for their big day at wedding expos. Make sure you’re prepared to pay the minimum deposit required to secure your date. Bring along your credit cards, check books, and/or debit cards so you don’t miss out.
* Be prepared to take notes, accept business cards, etc – There will be rows upon rows of wedding vendors in attendance at each expo, and you may not be able to remember each one that you liked. Make sure to get a copy of the floor plan and vendor list, and have a pen or your Smartphone handy to take notes. If you see someone you might be interested in, make sure to ask for a business card.
*Dress appropriately – Comfortable shoes are a must, because there will be plenty of walking!
* Bring your groom – Sure a room full of energetic brides-to-be and girly wedding stuff might not be your guy’s thing, but ask him to tag along. You’ll want him to be present to talk with any potential vendors, sample cakes and entrees, and check out exhibitor portfolios. There are also lots of fun things for him to participate in. Can’t convince your groom? Bring along your mom, bridesmaids, or friends instead.
* Plan to spend a few hours – With so much to do and see, you’ll want to plan on being at the show for a few hours. Check the website for a schedule of events before you go so that you don’t miss out on prize giveaways, etc.
* Register for the prizes – What bride wouldn’t want to win a free honeymoon or limo rental? Make sure to register for the show’s grand prizes, and check in with the vendors to see if they’re giving away prizes as well. It’s a great chance to save some loot, and you could win something fabulous!
* Don’t be afraid to talk to the vendors – Wedding Expos are a great opportunity to talk to potential vendors live and in-person. Get all of your questions answered, and take the opportunity to get a feel for their personality. With so much wedding planning being done online, this is a great chance to get to know your vendors and be sure you’re comfortable with them.
*Have FUN – Wedding expos and bridal shows are great for getting your wedding plans done, but they can also be a ton of fun. Enjoy the free samples, get a laugh while participating in the contests, and don’t forget to have a good time. It’s not every day you get to plan your wedding, so make sure you enjoy every minute!